Monday, July 8

HEAR YE HEAR YE THE EGREMONT MARSUPIAL COURT IS NOW IN SESSION

PoE
          On Monday July 8th 2013 @ 6:00pm. The Egremont Marsupial Court will again be in session. The BoS plans to hold a hearing to determine the outcome of the Egremont police chief debacle. Now there has been a lot of misinformation disseminated by the BoS and EPD at various BoS meetings, blogs and through their favorite reporter Mr. Scribbler. The fact that the BoS has made numerous inconsistent statements is well documented so I won’t waste our time discussing it.  I could write an entire book of examples but all one has to do is read the words from their own mouths contained in the transcripts posted on http://egremont.blogspot.com/2013/07/more-on-selectboards-mishandling-of.html http://egremont.blogspot.com/2013/05/transcript-of-selectboard-meeting-that.html.
          My purpose in writing this post is to encourage as many people to show up to witness the hearing and to remind people of the words that have been made public about this situation. If you have read some of the local blogs and newspapers you will find that the BoS have a problem remembering their own public statements. I guess this is why Mr. Flynn said to me at a meeting “Do you have those notes written down somewhere?and “I mean, if you can give me the exact recording of what I said I’m happy to stand up to it.Because the BoS have such a selective memory there are some out here who are more than happy to remind them of what was said.
          It is in this spirit that I want to remind Mr. Flynn of his own words. “I think every effort was made to give the chief an opportunity to discuss it, and we’re still willing to have a public meeting with the chief.  If the chief chooses to do that, we will be more than happy to have that public meeting so that she can address each and every one of those charges.  We want this to be, and what we have tried to do, is keep this whole process as open and honest as we possibly could. I notice Charlie that you never mentioned the words fair and impartial. I guess you wouldn’t since the words are not in your vocabulary. In your mind you think the hearing to remove me from the finance committee as open and honest as it possibly could be. Let’s hope this is not the standard you use tonight.
So Mr. Flynn, let’s not have another hearing like my birthday party which was described by one witness as “That pathetic excuse for a purported hearing was pre ordained-It was a mockery of a hoax of a sham of a hoax cloaked in a tissue of lies-” Since your words, which are quoted above, are recorded, I only ask that you “stand up to them” and allow the chief’s counsel to address each and every one of those charges; regardless of how long it may take. We shall see if you, unlike in times past, can be a man of your word.

KevinZurrin

3 comments:

  1. What happened at the hearing please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the Berkshireeagle.com front page.

      More nonsensical mayhem and Tom foolery out of the Town. Needless to say, there is a storm brewing.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure there are a few storms brewing. Pilone, Bucknell, and don't forget about the officers who have recently returned and/or who are still there...for now.

    ReplyDelete